Innumerable



One night, I was walking under the dark sky, the power suddenly went off. I scrunched my eyes to make an adjustment to the darkness, but to my surprise the night was still bright, for the first time in about ten years I had seen the sky beautiful and in its full brilliance. The moon was huge, white and bright. I could see my path ahead with its pale yellow light. There are innumerable stars in the sky all sparkling with different colors. I also saw a shooting star flying by. I just stood there enjoying an event of rarity which was unique in this day and age. 

I could only hear the crickets chirp, the wind bustling through the grass, the falling leaves and the distant frog bellowing as loud as he could to get the attention of its potential mate. There was no cacophony of sounds. The television had gone into a deep slumber.. The computers had shut down.. I could see tiny glimmers of mobile phones everywhere, but I did not want to disturb myself from an event of such magnitude. 

The world had stopped still for a moment. It wanted to give us a minute to explore our true surroundings. I could slowly see in a distance, the flickering of the fluorescent lights and wave of white light sweeping over the buildings covering the night sky with a haze of our human blanket. I bid adieu to the night sky and the twinkling stars and continued my journey to my next destination.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.